(5.6 M)EPUB

Al Iraqi 1966 (1966)

fullscreen
Author: Baghdad College
Subject: Baghdad College (Iraq) -- Students -- Yearbooks
Publisher: Baghdad College
Year: 1966
Possible copyright status: Reproduction for publication, exhibition, web display or commercial use is only permissible with the consent of the New England Province of the Society of Jesus (Jesuits).
Language: English; Arabic
Digitizing sponsor: LYRASIS Members and Sloan Foundation
Book contributor: New England Province of the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) Archives
Collection: newenglandjesuitarchives; americana

Description

Baghdad College in Baghdad, Iraq, was administered by the New England Province of the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) from 1932-1969. El Iraqi was published as the first yearbook in 1940. The yearbook title El Iraqi was used until 1951 when it became Al Iraqi. There is no yearbook for 1941 in this digitized collection.

Average Rating: 5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars

Reviewer: Elsayed Taha - 5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars - September 21, 2013
Subject: Some info about the book in Arabic.
العراقي 1966, يقوم بنشرها خريجو الصف المنتهي. كلية بغداد العراق.
Reviewer: Dr Ahmad Bajalan FRCP - 5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars - July 2, 2012
Subject: A Blast from the Past
Baghdad College ( secondary school age 12-17) represented the spirit of the age during which it existed , 1932 to 1968. As time ends the lives of those who built the college and of those of us who are still alive and graduated from it, and as perhaps one day the bricks that housed it crumble or are bulldozed the year book Al-Iraqi shall remain as document to what Iraq was like and what hopes and aspirations it had. My review is on the year book I graduated, but my comments covers all the years those great Jesuit teachers managed to run their creation.Many American school books have been published before and since; Each documents the life of those who lived those years and as such have their place history, yet this school year book is bigger than itself as it a window into mid 20th century Baghdad and Iraq. Many of the students graduated from Baghdad College have acknowledged places in history of Iraqi national and international politics, science, engineering, medicine journalism, and literature. These journals will register in their lives. Thus it will be read and reread. As a graduated of 1966, I salute those who make it possible for me and many of us to revisit our youth

Scanningcenter: boston
Mediatype: texts
Shiptracking: Holy Cross 3/13/12
Identifier: aliraqi1966bagh